BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Review: Personal Demons

368 Pages
Published in 2010
Author's Webpage

"I slam my head into the wall. Suddenly, I need to know why Frannie is so important-what their plans are for her. But I don't know, and I won't." (p.72)

"He kisses me deeper as a tear slips from the corner of my eye. I feel like I'm suffocating, but I can't push him away. I want him closer." (p.232)



SYNOPSIS:



Frannie knows she's not the average teenage girl, but nothing prepares her for the path she is about to take.

It's halfway through the year when a new student joins Frannie's high school, Luc. Despite his 'bad boy' aura, Frannie finds herself drawn to him. What she doesn't know is that Luc is on a mission from Hell to retrieve her soul.

Eventually, another new student, Gabriel, poses some distraction from Luc with his angelic good looks. Frannie feels safe and loved when she is with Gabriel.

But Gabriel is here on a mission as well - to claim Frannie's soul for Heaven.

Caught between her attraction for two guys that are completely different, Frannie has no idea that her choice will alter the balance between good and evil in the world. 



Who does she choose? Why do both Hell and Heaven want to claim her soul?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------REVIEW:

First of all, let me just say, that Luc is super hot. Is it possible to gush this much over a character in a novel? Luc is not your typical cryptic or over emotional bad boy. He's bad alright, but his mischievous humor is what really solidifies his character. Yummm.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'll move onto the plot. hehe.

The characters in this book are sexy and witty. The plot keeps you guessing until the end. And the reader is as confused as Frannie as to which is the better guy. 


The author crafted a story that was intriguing as well as different from what's out there. Even when I thought I had figured out 'the big mystery,' there were still a lot of unanswered questions that had me racing to finish the book.

The author is very adept at bringing the characters to life, especially in continuously altering between two character views. While I usually find this writing style annoying, the author utilizes the method in such way as to keep the plot moving and keep the reader hooked.

There were some aspects of the novel that I did not like. For instance, we do not get enough of one of the guys' perspectives. Also, I felt that the pace and depth of the novel were dropped momentarily when Luc reveals his true self to Frannie. All the while we are treated to a slow buildup in plot, except in this section. 



Would I recommend this book? That's a definite yes. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.


♥ ♥ ♥ = really liked it

1 comments:

Unknown said...

After reading this review I can not wait to read this book!!