BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Review Shadowfever



                                                                               
Karen Marie Moning
608 pages
Published 2011


"When I came to Dublin, hunting my sister's murderer, I found monters around every corner. But of all things that go bump in the night, I've begun to wonder if I'm the worst."

Synopsis
This is the final installment in MacKalya Lane’s story. This rollercoaster book will answer all of your questions and leave you satisfied and a little sad to know it is over.


Review
I have been waiting for this book for quite some time. The cliffhanger ending Karen Marie Moning left us with in Dreamfever was quite unbearable. Well it does not disappoint! The first chapter alone blew my mind. I could literally feel Mac’s despair oozing of the pages. It was intense reading the first few chapters believe me you will have no problem getting emotionally involved with this story.


This review is a bit of a challenge because it is hard not to give anything away. This book is without a doubt the best in the series. Be warned once you start reading you will have a hard time putting it down. If anyone tells you the plot was predictable do not believe them. I had no idea where this book was going. There were so many twists and turns I found myself gasping quite a bit. Mac has really grown in this series she just may be my favorite heroine. I like paranormal romance books but I always think the heroine is either too hard or incapable of taking care of herself. There is a difference between being strong and being hard. When a heroine is so hard and unbelievably tough it can be difficult to identify with them and I just want to scream at the ones that constantly need saving. Karen Marie Moning writes characters that the reader can connect with without making them weak or too hard.
The chemistry between characters in this series has been HOT!!! Almost of our questions are answered, the ones that Mac learns matter anyway. While this may be the end of Mac’s story I think we may see more of the characters in the future but maybe not in a leading role…..I hope anyway. I plan to reread the entire series again in a few months because I know I missed some things. This is definitely a story you will want to reread.

The cover may be different from the rest in the series which I found odd at first. However, once I received the book I fell in love with the cover, it is so unique and edgy.  To me it fit perfectly.

Should You Read It?
In case my review didn’t give it away the answer is yes! While I am sad this series is over I cannot give high enough praise for Shadowfever. If you haven’t read the series yet I am jealous because you have such an amazing story to discover. Thank you to Karen Marie Moning for giving us such an incredible end to a great series. Happy Reading!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 



2 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

I keep hearing good things about this series. I definitely need to try it. Glad it's the best of the series :-)

quirky fate press said...

It is one of those series that you want to read again and again. Let me know what you think :)